Efficient used cardboard box disposal
Zalando, Europe’s leading online store for fashion and lifestyle products, operates two deniway conveyors for disposing of used cardboard boxes at its logistics centre in Brieselang near Berlin. The conveyors have an overall length of 410 metres. Each one gets by with a 1.6-kW motor and serves three or four processing lines respectively. Here, returned parcels are opened, products are re-warehoused and used cardboard boxes are thrown onto the conveyor. At the end of the two deniway conveyors cardboard boxes are transferred to the shredder. Because previously installed worktables could not be moved, the deniway conveyor is suspended at an ergonomic height of 2.3 metres, convenient for tossing down the used cardboard boxes.
Top-scoring features of deniway:
- two conveyors with an overall length of 410 metres
- just two 1.6-kW drives ensure low energy consumption
- more free space at floor level thanks to overhead conveying
- modular design, extensible at any time
- better working conditions thanks to low noise emissions